Submit your short stories to Flash Fiction Fridays now and get your story published!
Over the past 25 years we’ve published lots of writers and lots of books and stories about Japan. We can’t publish everyone or everything, but we want to give talented individuals who are interested in telling stories about Japan and East Asia another platform to showcase their work: Flash Fiction Fridays.
The theme of Flash Fiction Fridays is travel literature. With a nod to narrative accounts like Donald Richie’s The Inland Sea, the series will celebrate fiction and non-fiction short short stories about exploring Japan and East Asia.
We encourage you to submit your work!
Take inspiration from Richie’s classic or just go wherever your thoughts and imagination lead you. Your piece could be about a life-changing trip to Kiyomizu-dera in Kyoto, that time the deer in Nara ate your little sister (remember, fiction is ok too!), or simply a walk you took from your home or hotel in Tokyo to the local grocery store.
If your story is selected by our editors, it will be published on our website and in our newsletter. Here’s last month’s selected submission: http://www.stonebridge.com/sbp-blog/flash-fiction-ramen-shop-9-35-p-m
Check our website (http://www.stonebridge.com) every week for updates.
• Email your submission as a Word doc to email@example.com
• Your story should not exceed 750 words.
• We are asking for non-exclusive digital rights that revert to you one week after publication on our website. We do not accept any previously published work or simultaneous submissions.
• Multiple submissions are welcome.
• Accepted submissions will be published within two weeks to two months of submission.
• We are unable to pay writers at this time.
• We reserve the right to edit submissions for spelling and grammar and to make sure they conform to house style.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please share this post with your writer friends!